Keeping track!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, August 29, 2008

Green!

Since my old water has spoilt - sort of, i will be buying new water bottles. Anyone heard of Klean Kanteen? It is made of stainless steel and does not leech toxins and retains that great taste of water instead of some weird taste that you might have in your current water bottle now. It is different from Sigg such that Sigg is made of aluminium and some argue that that still leeches toxins so..i decided to go for Klean Kanteen.

I will also be buying this shampoo kit online which lets me make - not totally from scratch though - my own SLS-free Shampoo!

SLS is otherwise known as Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which can cause skin irritation, hormone inbalance etc.. and the worst is that it is cancer causing. Take a look at the ingredients of your shampoo, it would most likely contain this ingredient because it is cheap to use. SLS is used in a lot of products which require foaming, thats why your shampoo most likely uses them.

Or else, you might find Ammonium lauryl sulfate instead, which some claim is a stronger irritant than SLS.

So..make a better choice, although they are "safe" in limited quantities, why put yourself through the risk of anything at all?

That's what i'm trying to do..trying to use products that are best for me and myself. I feel better knowing that the things that relax me - like bathing - are not trying to harm me in anyway. Get what i mean?

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on stuff like these, i'm just writing about what i feel and have read so far. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment